In an emergency, phone 03 9870 6312
We recognize that emergency situations do arise and we reserve special times for patients with emergency needs and will do everything in our power to respond to you as quickly as possible.
All existing patient’s emergencies will have first priority.
If the emergency occurs during our practice hours please call the office as early as possible in the day.
The practice will try and see genuine emergencies on the same day. Emergencies will be seen on a first come first served basis, so please phone as soon as is possible. DO NOT SEND E-MAILS.
Our reception staff will take some details to ascertain the nature and extent of the emergency. Please be patient and answer the questions to the best of your knowledge. It helps us greatly in arranging a suitable appointment.
What is an Emergency Appointment?
The following qualify as Emergency appointments:
- Severe toothache with pain radiating to eye, ear and or throat. Kept awake at nights and uncontrollable with painkillers
- Pain with swelling and temperature
- Trauma to the face resulting in broken teeth
These do not qualify as emergency appointments, but will be treated as urgent appointments:
- Lost or loose crowns (except front tooth)
- Broken Dentures
- Broken fillings or teeth with some or little sensitivity
- Bleeding from the gums
After hours emergencies
If you cannot wait until we’re next open and require immediate attention, please contact either of the following emergency clinics: